Tuesday 23 September 2008

8 un-fascinating things about me

Thanks to Dawn for tagging me, here goes:


1. - I wanted to become a policeman – still do!

2. - When I was in hospital having my appendix out, the nurse (a large black lady/mamma), in her haste to give me an injection on my buttock, ripped my pyjama trousers in half. I called out to my mum for help as she was waiting outside the curtain. I was 18 at the time!

3. - When I worked for Lloyds Bank I used to go the Post Office every day, and vowed that I would never work in a Post office. I have worked for the Post Office for 22 years.

4. - When I was younger I hated motorbikes and vowed I would never ride one – I have been riding a motorbike for the past 14 years

5. - I will never vow to never do something again.

6. - I have a tattoo of Jesus on my arm, but most people can't work out what it is. Some have said "oh yeah, it says Jesus in Chinese, right?"

7. - I’m rubbish at knowing what to buy people (Liz!) for Christmas. It’s always inappropriate or unwanted. Oh yeah, Birkenstocks? – why didn’t I think of that, doh!

8. - I once missed the school sports day to see the Queen visit Hackney, with my Auntie. I got spotted at the bus stop, ah, not part of the plan – in making the point that I had the form down, the bullies made me do all the track and field events before class each morning – the whole school could see the sports field from the form rooms! I learnt the value of taking my commitments seriously (and preferred embarrassment to being beaten up!). My spiritual gift is now ‘Helps’.

Can't tag anybody as eveybody I know has done this now!

No comments: