Thursday 7 August 2008

A55 or A5 that is the question



The website of the campsite where we are going on holiday suggest that SatNav will not direct you the best route – they kindly provided a map which still doesn’t give you the proper route, but suggests the A55 is better then the A5.

The problem is, to get onto the A55 we would have to stay on the M6 right up to, almost, Liverpool and then go across on the A55.

I couldn’t see where the gain was, so I emailed the campsite people for advice.

I received a response:

Hello,

Yes, the A55 is a much faster route than the A5.


I then received another response:

Hello again,

Have had a debate with my husband and he says that the A5 would be a more direct route. So, it is really a matter of preference I suppose. Good luck anyway


Question – can you have a preference if you don’t understand the difference between the 2 choices?

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I've just discovered that M&D haven't printed directions to get to the hotel near my house they're staying in this weekend. Apparently they're expecting me to direct.

Think I'll recommend the same to them as I would to you - aa route map!

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Oooh! That would frustrate me. There has to be an answer surely!

I prefer google maps though!

Mr Hall said...

We took the A5!

No problems at all.