Monday 13 October 2008

All I know.........

After a year of worshipping at the URC I have to say that I haven't enjoyed it all. I have been frustrated, uncomfortable, tired (sunday afternoons are for snoozing!) and have been slow getting there and quick getting home.

There are several reasons for this which I won't go into here, but suffice to say that it has affected my approach to worship. I've really tried to focus on what God has been saying to me.

This Sunday, the last in the afternoon at the URC (bless them for kindly opening their doors to us in an act of Christian love) God spoke loud and clear through the voices of the Singing company:

All I know is that You died for me, so that I can be forgiven
And all I know is that you lived on earth, so that I can live in Heaven.

The verses talk about not knowing the answers or reasons to a whole bunch of things, like why the sun keeps burning. There's lots of things I don't get, and probably never will.

Thank you God that I do get that single truth.

As we move back into our refurbished Church, help us make it possible for others to 'get' also.

10 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely blog Mr H! X

Dawn said...

Having worshipped in the new worship hall last night with the worship band (how many times can you mention the W-word in one sentence?!) and it was a great 'experience'. The new equipment is novelty, but seriously, there's a definite 'feel' to the place.

In fact, so much that I came in at the wrong time in Songsters because I was WORSHIPPING - I was in a completely different zone!

I must really learn to control that!

Mr Hall said...

Thanks Mrs H - you don't have to comment just because my blog feels unloved :-)

That's your excuse Miss W!

Peeking in last night it did looked to be good.

Those guys on the cameras are going to have some fun for a while aren't they.

Liz said...

I supported ( chatted through) YP Band Practise this evening and thought the worship hall smelled nice too!

As I drove into the car park I felt as if I'd never been away. It's a beautiful AND functional building and I think that people are going to want to hang out there ALL the time - it's BUFF!

Dawn said...

Where I come from 'buff' must mean something completely different!

(at least, I hope it does!)

Mr Hall said...

Liz means it's in the nude!

Liz said...

Bare Buff - slang for really gorgeous, as 'bare jokes' is for really funny.

Dawn, where you come from everything means something different - Chelmsford, it has a culture of it's own!

Dawn said...

I didn't mean Chelmsford, I that place we call 'North!'

Mr Hall said...

You can take the girl out of the North, but you can't take the chips n gravy out of the girl!

Liz said...

I know what you meant, I just took a different slant !¬ :) LOL