Thursday 31 July 2008

The Great Walker Takes A Tumble

You may be aware that my family and a group of friends travelled into darkest Derbyshire last weekend for some walking.

I was going to blog about the experience, which will now have to wait.

My Son, and walker of great standing, is now not standing so well.

On a day out with Mum, Brother and Sister, the big fella cracked his knee open AGAIN!

This is the 3rd time this particular bendy bit has been bashed over the past 12 months. A year ago, just before a trip to Austria he cut it open, and probably should have gone to hospital, but his Mum and Dad made an executive decision not to bother.

This time, however, we did bother and the brave soldier now has 9 stitches in his knee. This may scupper his nocturnile escapades during his week away with Church.



In tribute to his efforts on Saturday, here he is taking a well earned break. There's a prize for correctly guessing what he is eating.

Well done Joe!










14 comments:

Dawn said...

Good to have you back Hally. Maybe if Joe had worn his boots at the beach, he'd have been ok?!

Mr Hall said...

Hmm. I think he was in the sea at the time. His boots are waterproof, but not that much!

Why is your comment timed before I wrote the blog?

Unknown said...

I think its one of those yoghurt break bar things. You know, strawberry go ahead with yoghurt topping.

Poor Joe. That sounds painful. Tell him I hope he has a good time at Summer School.

Dawn said...

Northern Magic. We're in a different time zone!

Mr Hall said...

Kirsty, you are...........the winner!

Actually, I think you owe me a prize, so we'll call it evens shall we?

I think Joe has limited the things he can have fun doing now, but I'm sure he will try.

Mr Hall said...

MW - the only thing magic about being northern is the timezone, and that's made up.

Not true, actually being in the peaks last week was like being in a different world - that was magical. We even spoke about what it would like to move there. Problem is, do we want the children talking like 'them'?

Liz said...

MOVE up there! When did we talk about that??

Mr Hall said...

I think I might have mentioned it to the kids.

Unknown said...

Ha ha! You two are so funny!

Thanks Keith - good idea!

Dawn said...

But would the magic disappear if you were there all the time? (and let's face it, that wasn't really 'North', anyway, was it?!)


btw this word verification thing is doing my head in!

Liz said...

Yeah, what is that all about and why haven't I got one?? That's advanced blogging that is! I'm prond of you Mr Hall...and you can edit posts too :) X

Liz said...

Proud...and the word verification looks like TOO BAD!!

Liz said...

I love the trampoline pic of you - you should make it bigger on your profile. It's LOL for good reasons!

Mr Hall said...

I don't know how to do that. I tried but couldn't change the size.